installed new hard drive - now can't find it

Dana Holland dana.work at navarrocollege.edu
Thu Apr 29 15:48:45 UTC 2004

>    As others have suggested by now we didn't know this was hardware RAID.

Yes, as I told Rick privately, we didn't know either.  We have
experience with any of this.

Dell did walk us through various steps and the afacli utility *does* see
the new drive.  However,  we still haven't figured out how to start
using the space that's supposedly there.  We know about fdisk, but we
don't really know how to use it.

I know this sounds very strange to most of you, but just think "grossly
understaffed and underpaid education institution."  It just takes us a
while longer...