e1000 card and DHCP network install

Poole, John J john.j.poole at usa-spaceops.com
Wed Aug 11 21:05:29 UTC 2004

Help,
     We have a Redhat WS 3 network install server and install our machines with kickstart via DHCP and NFS. The PC's with Intel e1000 cards will not allow
NFS on our network. We are currently using 10 mb half-duplex. The DHCP appears to work fine but reading the kickstart file fails with unable to nfs mount. I
have read about many problems with this card and NFS. I thought it might be Auto negotiate timeout so I downloaded the latest e1000 source from Intel,
configured it to 10/half as default and put the driver in modules.cgz. It still fails NFS mount during the kickstart network install.
   Has any one figured out what I might set in the e1000_params.c file to allow a kickstart file with card? I am a sysadmin(not a programmer) so you can
imagine the time and effort I spent doing the above(thanks to those who published the instructions on the web). Any help or suggestions doing a network
install with an e1000 card would be appreciated.
Thanks,
  John Poole

John J. Poole
Mail Stop: USK-615
Phone: 321-861-0561
Email: john.j.poole at usa-spaceops.com

Opinions expressed are my own and are not endorsed by United Space Alliance.

"Unix IS user-friendly. It's just picky about who its friends are."