How to Add an applicatio after Update

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Aug 17 23:01:36 UTC 2004

jlopes151 at comcast.net wrote:

>>>Tried to use the Add/Remove tool to add an application. When I select an
>>
>>application to
>>
>>>add it comes up with an old list of rpms.
>>
>>Why is everyone posting twice?  Jeeze, that's annoying!
>>
>>The Add/Remove tool is limited as to what it can do.  What version
>>of OS are you running (RH9, FC1, FC2)?
>

> RH Enterprise 3

Is this a RedHat package or from someone else?  The Add/Remove
Applications program can only add or remove packages that are included
on the CDs unless you specifically tell it to look at a different CD or
directory with ISO images on it (by using the "--isodir=" option) or
a directory with RPMs in it (by using the "--tree=" option).
- grasshopotomaus: A creature that can leap to tremendous heights... -
-                                                ...once.            -