How to Add an applicatio after Update

jlopes151 at comcast.net jlopes151 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 18 01:47:19 UTC 2004

> >>application to

> >>Why is everyone posting twice?  Jeeze, that's annoying!
> >>
> >>The Add/Remove tool is limited as to what it can do.  What version
> >>of OS are you running (RH9, FC1, FC2)?
> >

> > RH Enterprise 3
>
> Is this a RedHat package or from someone else?  The Add/Remove
> Applications program can only add or remove packages that are included
> on the CDs unless you specifically tell it to look at a different CD or
> directory with ISO images on it (by using the "--isodir=" option) or
> a directory with RPMs in it (by using the "--tree=" option).
> - grasshopotomaus: A creature that can leap to tremendous heights... -
> -                                                ...once.            -

Adding the KDE Software Development standard packages I get the following Packages Not Found along with a list of packages that are Unlocatable and required

ex:
Umlocatable                              Required
redhat-config-rootpassword  ('firstboot', '1.1.19', '2' )

I'm assuming the '1.1.19', '2' is the version of the firstboot package and that it would be on my system? Think I'll look around while I wait for your reply.