Setting up CVS on RH8?

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Fri Dec 10 04:18:48 UTC 2004

I'm trying to get CVS working on RH8. After reading a bunch of
documentation and tutorials, I can check out modules as root, but not as
any other user. I get something like cannot create lock file. I'm using
the default RH8 install. I think the problem has to do with file
permissions in the CVSROOT. I've created a group called cvs and made all
files and directories in the CVSROOT have cvs as the group. I notice that
all the files seem to only have read permission for the owner and the
group. Any suggestions on what I need to do to make this work? Do I need
to create a user called cvs?

THANKS!!!!

Harold

--