Howto install a NIC module automatically

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Dec 20 17:19:01 UTC 2004

ksun at ABINITIO.COM wrote:
> Greetings!
>         The particular NIC card, MARWIN, is not recognized by RH
> Enterprise 3. I have to install compiler and make and install a module to
> make this card work. I wonder what rpm package and how I need to modify to
> recogine and configure the card automatically.

Marwin?  Do you mean Marvell?  As far as I know, RHEL3 doesn't have an
RPM for that card.  The Fedora Core series does (at least FC2 and 3 do).

The Marvell site for downloads is

	http://www.marvell.com/drivers/search.do

A quick glance doesn't reveal any RPMs, just source kits.

>         Please e-mail me at ksun at abinitio.com

CCd to that address.
-           Fear is finding a ".vbs" script in your Inbox            -