DHCP install

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Feb 19 01:07:32 UTC 2004

<reformatted for bottom posting>

Omar Zamora wrote:
>>> Can someone please tell me what file I have to
>>>rename so that I can get DHCP
>>>ready.  Not the dhcpd.conf but the lease file
 >>
>> Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez [mailto:manuaroste at yahoo.es] wrote:
>> redhat-config-network
>> There you can activate your DHCP for your network.
>> Are you sure that your modem support DHCP?
>
 > I want to have DHCP on eth0.  And need help creating a dhcpd.conf
file and
> the lease file.  My static IP address is 10.64.1.10

Please bottom-post in the future.

DHCP and fixed IPs are mutually exclusive.  You can have a fixed IP or
get one from a DHCP server--you can't have both on the same interface.

Which way do you want to go?
-   NEWS FLASH! Intelligence of mankind decreasing!  Details at...   -
-     uh, when, uh, the little hand is, uh, on the...  Aw, NUTS!     -