DHCP install

Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez manuaroste at yahoo.es
Thu Feb 19 08:33:52 UTC 2004

 --- Omar Zamora <ozamora at tp.devry.edu> escribió: > I
want to have DHCP on eth0.  And need help creating
> a dhcpd.conf file and
> the lease file.  My static IP address is 10.64.1.10

I'm not understood you, you're not giving so much
information in your mails, but this is what i'm
thinking about:
You're in a LAN and the server give IP's using DHCP?
or you have and static ip, like 10.64.1.10?
If you've got an static ip, you don't need a DCHP
configuration to your eth0 interface.
However, if you need to get yout IP by DCHP, in the
redhat-config-network you can configurate the
nameserver (which will give you your dinamic IP)

Cheers