Lilo - specify nousb option permanently - how to

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 16:47:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:37:26AM -0800, Waldher, Travis R wrote:
> I'm not seeing it on redhat's site at the moment. (I may be blind,
> caffiene may not be kicking in yet)
>
> I have a compaq 1850 that needs the nousb option set at bootup otherwise
> it hangs on hardware inventory during bootup.
>
> How do I go about setting this permanently.  Right now, I am manually
> starting redhat with a linux nousb
>
> Thanks,
> Travis

Assuming you are using GRUB, edit your /boot/grub/grub.conf.  Find the
line something like mine:

        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-30.9 ro root=/dev/hda2

and add "nousb" to it, to wit:

        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-30.9 ro root=/dev/hda2 nousb

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Grace happens.