installing Qmail on RedHat 9

John Moracho moracho at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 23:51:45 UTC 2004

Does anyone reccomend installing Qmail on RedHat 9.0 or is anyone against it
as of today? 2/24/04.

I'm setting up a mail server for a local neighborhood web portal and am
looking into variants of sendmail.  I was using sendmail and running into
problems.  Now I am looking for a good or better alternative without the
worries of any licensing fees.

I would like to enable a web interface to allow users to access their
mailboxes through most web browsers, I'm looking at squirrelmail right now.
Does anyone know how well Squirrel mail works with Qmail?

I am new to Redhat or any varients of Unix, I have a good backround in
network engineering, and am familiar with most mail exchange terminology.  I
have been building and supporting MS Exchange servers for the last 3 years
and do not want to pay a licence fee for the product.  Any help in this
matter woould be appreciated.

John