Display problem,.

Chuck Slate chuck at cslate.net
Thu Feb 26 01:53:46 UTC 2004

Funny I should see this question/issue today...

I just happened to install RH9 on 3 IBM NetVista boxes today.  They also
have the Intel 845 chip.

redhat-config-xfree86 shows that I am running fine at 800x600 with
16-bit depth, and that my sony monitor was recognized.

If I change the resolution to anything greater than 800x600, however, it
doesn't stick.  If I change the depth to 24-bit, I get an error that
there is "no video BIOS modes for chosen depth" when I run startx.

So the good news is you are not alone... The not-as-good-news is I don't
have any insight (yet).  But I'll keep tinkering and let you know.
Please do the same.  :)

Chuck

--
Chuck Slate <chuck at cslate.net>