USB Keyboard and mouse problem during installation...

Ken Scott kens at geodax.com
Thu Feb 26 16:45:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:21, Emmanuel Robertini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m trying to install RedHat9 on a PentiumIII 1Ghz, 512MB Ram, MatroxG450
> video card, Ibm LCD monitor, 2 HD (15 and 20 GB), 2 CD-rom drives, etc...
>
> Both of my mouse and keyboard are USB
>
> When i boot the computer, the initial setup screen appears and everything
> seems normal. The mouse and keyboard are funtionning.  Then, when i start
> the installation process (tried every combination, lowres, text, noprob,
> etc..)...when it arrives at the actual installation window, the mouse and
> keyboard are no longer active!!!...so i can't progress with the
> installation...

Being a newbie myself I don't know how to solve it but one thing I would
try is to take a Live-CD distro (like knoppix or Morphix or similar) and
boot the system from CD and see if the mouse/keyboard work.  If so, you
can interrogate how those systems identify your hardware and use that to
configure RH.Good Luck
KEn