RH9.0: mppe and the kernel

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Mon Jul 19 18:41:57 UTC 2004

I attach to client systems and my work system using PPTP (VPN) and one
client requires mppe-40, mppe-128 and mppe-stateless, none of which seem
to be available to the kernel. I've had to comment those out to connect to
my work system.

Do I need to rebuild the kernel, something I'd like to avoid so VMWare
won't scream and die as it has before, or can I just load the .o files
required for the modules? They currently don't even exist. Are they on the
install media or somewhere else (rpmfind.net?)?

Thanks,

Karl