OT - modeline question

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Tue Jul 20 17:01:17 UTC 2004

Hi,
    A very strange corner case here, and not specifically Redhat
oriented so forgive my OT nature, so I won't try to explain it in any
detail.

    Does anyone know how to find out exactly what modeline settings X
has used in the case where it found no valid modelines in the XF86config
file and then created it's own settings?

    A specific machine seems to default to good settings on its own, but
we are unable to put a modeline statement in that makes X do the same thing.

    Is there a command to extract from a running machine what it is
using for it's current modeline?

    Any pointers are welcomed.

Thanks,
Mark