the RH9.0 server can't boot now with the following error message

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jun 1 18:19:26 UTC 2004

administrator tootai wrote:
> Yan Peng a écrit :
>

>>redhat-install-list:
>>

>>OS: RH 9.0
>>Platform: Dell 2600
>>The server can't boot now with the following messages:

>>Red Hat/Adaptec aacraid driver, Apr. 13, 2004
>>/lib/aacraid.o : init module
>>Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO/IRQ parameters.
>>Error: /bin/insmod exited abnormally.
>>

> You have problem with your aacraid.o module i never uses them but I'm
> pretty sure that he can't find your root disk.

That's the problem.  Most problems where any insmod fails (especially if
the system used to work) is bad RAM.  If you can, try testing your RAM
with memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.com).  I'll bet one of your RAM
sticks went bad on you.
-     There are only 10 kinds of people in the world -- those who    -
-                 understand binary and those who don't              -