IP accounting or calculating the number of bytes received from Internet

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 2 02:34:39 UTC 2004

Hi Rick,

I have my ADSL connection up and running, I have everything except mail
and browsing blocked in my firewall, using Lokkit, and have Tripwire
running. Do you know if there is a package out there that would keep
track of the cumulative total of bytes received over my Internet
Connection? I don't think Ethereal is able to count bytes cumulatively.
Also, do you thing it advantageous to use Logsentry and Portsentry to
keep tabs on things?

--

Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols

Public Key available from http://keyserver.kjsl.com:11371/#extract

Memory fault - where am I?

- IMPORTANT.                                                         -
- The contents of this email and any attachments, which may be con-  -
- fidential, are sent for the personal attention of the addressee/s  -
- only. If you receive this email and are not the intended addressee -
- please inform the sender and delete this email immediately. Use,   -
- copying, disclosure or forwarding of the contents of this email    -
- and/or any attachment/s is not authourised.                        -