Configuring RH8 to use an ADSL Modem/Router

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Jun 3 16:30:22 UTC 2004

Graeme Nichols wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 02:25, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>>Graeme Nichols wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 04:07, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>>but everything else is as you said. I sent an email to you and the
>>>mailing list asking about a couple of other things I need your expertise
>>>on. I hope I'm not being too much of a nuisance.
>>
>>No, you're fine.  Some times I get rather busy and can't answer right
>>away.  As long as the members of the list know and understand that,
>>we're fine.
>

> We all understand that Rick. You obviously spend a great deal of your
> personal time answering our questions here on the list and passing on
> your experience and knowledge. We all appreciate that very much. I
> certainly do. I try and sort things out for myself before I ask but
> sometimes I miss the bleeding obvious and ask some dumb questions. But I
> am learning :-)

Yes, the world of money does command my attention at times.  :-)  My
bosses are quite understanding about my devotion to the list and don't
squawk too much, but they do have priority over my time.

As far as dumb questions, the only dumb question is the one that's not
asked.  It's always best to try to find the answer on your own, but when
that fails you _have_ to ask someone or you'll never get it resolved.

Ok, enough pontificating.  And thanks for the private thank you note.
It's extremely nice to know you're appreciated.
- Millihelen, adj: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. -