usb mouse problem

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Wed Jun 9 16:57:05 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:
> Ajai Khattri wrote:

>>> Just log out ane log back in again.  Or hit CTRL-ALT-F1 (all three keys
>>> at once), then log in as the root user at the text prompt and type in:
>>

>> Much quicker to do CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE to kill the X server.
>

> I would've said that if I could have remembered it. :-(  My brain seems
> to be, uh, slow today, I'm afraid.

You're certainly forgiven.

As for the users usb mouse problem, I've noticed that if my mouse is not
plugged in before the machine is booted, but for instance I plug it in
while the grub screen is up, then Linux will not bring the mouse up.
Mine's an M$ Optical USB mouse. At that point I find I have to wait for
te machine to get to the login prompt, then pull and replug the cable to
get it working.

It's a laptop so it seems standard to pull the machine out of it's case,
open it and turn it on, and then while it's booting plug in power and
the mouse. However this doesn't work for my mouse.

- Mark