Redhat 6.1 Password Change

Aaron Rykhus aprykhus42 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:30:27 UTC 2004

I'm new to Linux so don't laugh if this sounds retarded...I installed RedHat
6.1 recently and have and can login to root and created my own user account
that I can login to...I'm currently reading the RHCE book and it had me
create an account with the passwd command. However, when I tried testing
logging into the account it doesn't work (login failed). I checked caps lock
and changed it again a couple of times but still no luck. Any thoughts???