R: Installing Fedora on RH9 (newbie)

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Mon Mar 1 13:43:13 UTC 2004

I'm still a beginner with Linux after installing RedHat 9 I have to face

>>the
>>

>>>change to Fedora!
>>>
>>>Can someone explain me how to install Fedora on the "old" RH9?

Why do you feel you need to immediately upgrade to Fedora? Why not just
continue to use RH 9 for a while until you feel comfortable? Fedora is
not going to disappear. Just because an upgrade is available it doesn't
mean you have to immediately upgrade. Have you upgraded to the latest
version of RH 9?

I think Fedora is great but after installing it on some other machines
I've decided to wait until Fedora Core 2 is available (in another month
or so). I noticed some minor install issues with Core 1 and since RH 9
is perfectly useable, I didn't see the need to immediately upgrade to
Fedora.

Even if you do upgrade, I don't think you will notice much of a
difference between RH 9 and Fedora Core 1.

Rick B.