R: R: Installing Fedora on RH9 (newbie)

Ninux ninux at email.it
Mon Mar 1 15:08:46 UTC 2004

Hi, Rick.
You're certainly right, but I thought that it would be good to start with
Fedora, just because RH9 will disappear. I don't any good reason! I don't
know very much about the differences.

I take this opportunity to ask some other questions.

1) I did the upgrade, but it wasn't an upgrade... I had to reformat the
partition and install Fedora, because the upgrading programme wanted 400 M
more. Do you know why?

2) I tried to share a hard disk with Windows "mount"ing it by: mount -t vfat
/dev/hdb /mnt/dosdrive, but I receive an error message saying that the type
is incorrect (or so). Can you help me?

3) I've configured my Alcatel Speedtouch Modem. Everything was working, but
how can I connect to my ISP after booting?

I've tried to find all answers in some docs, but  I failed!

Thanks a lot,
Nino

http://www.vessella.it (italiano, esperanto, kiswahili, english)
http://www.changamano.org (Iniziative di solidarieta per la Tanzania)
http://www.lernado.it (Articoli di quotidiani della Tanzania, Corso di
lingua swahili, Corso di lingua esperanto, Vocabolario esperanto-italiano,
Jifunze lugha ya Kiesperanto, Kamusi ya Kiesperanto)