looking for new color laser printer supported by Linux

Greg Julius fromRedHatLists at outtacyte.com
Mon Mar 1 18:28:52 UTC 2004

Howdy y'all,

I'm looking for feedback from this most knowledgeable crowd about which
color laser printer to get.

I will, of course, be doing research on linuxprinting, but I want your
opinions and thought on the various products out there.

It needs to be supported by Linux.  That is, I will need to get Linux drivers.

I will probably attach it on the network, but it doesn't have to be.  I
could hang it off of another PC / server.

I want to be able to print to it from Linux, Mac, DOS, and Windows.

It will have low volume use (well, not high volume in any case).

Which manufacturers do I want to stay away from?
Which manufacturers are most friendly?

Thanks in advance,
-g