General Problems

Mugleston, Brad brad.mugleston at retirementpartner.com
Tue Mar 16 16:14:34 UTC 2004

I upgraded to RH9 a little while ago and everything was running fine.  Then Xiaman Evolution (the email program) stopped sending emails - I was getting a sendmail error).  All the other email programs (pine, Mozilla, etc) worked just fine.

Someone suggested I upgrade to the newest Evolution program and I've had nothing but problems.  Seems that if  you upgrade to Evolution you also upgrade to have Xiaman as your desktop and it replaces everything with it's own choices of software.  On top of all that Evolution still will not deliver email.

Well, then I had a problem using Mozilla - stopped printing then the plug-in's all went away.

Anyone have any suggestions?  If I were to re-install RedHat 9 what kinds of problems would I have (I've gone through quite a few up2dates and Xiaman updates).

Thanks,

Brad