Mozilla-1.4.2 UP2DATEd thru Red Hat Alert

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Mar 18 18:24:21 UTC 2004

Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just finished Up2Date thru Red Hat Alert
> which upgraded my Mozilla to mozilla-1.4.2-0.9.0
>
> I have now lost my mozilla plugins e.g. flashplayer, libflashplayer.
> I think I have lost my java link - as I now get an Error
>
> -------------------------------
> JavaScript Application
>
> ! Error-Unregistered OpenCube DHTML Effect - (www.opencube.com)
>
> -------------------------------
>
> What and How do I get them back?

Mozilla is installed in /usr/lib/mozilla-(version).  Plugins are
installed in the "/plugins" directory of that location.  To get your
plugins back, copy the stuff from the the previous version's /plugins
directory.  I can't tell you the exact name of the directory as I don't
know what the previous version of Mozilla was, but the command
"ls -ld /usr/lib/mozilla*" will show you the names involved.

Note that the previous version's java stuff is most likely a symbolic
link to the Java runtime interpreter.  Make the same link in the new
Mozilla's /plugins.  Do NOT copy that link (that'll put a copy of the
interpreter in /plugins which won't work right), but do the symlink
manually.  In my case, that's

     # cd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
     # ln -s
/usr/local/j2sdk_nb/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
libjavaplugin_oji.so

The other stuff is safe to copy.

-  Memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember the first! -