Mozilla-1.4.2 UP2DATEd thru Red Hat Alert

Chris A Czerwinski chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 18 19:35:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 13:24, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just finished Up2Date thru Red Hat Alert
> > which upgraded my Mozilla to mozilla-1.4.2-0.9.0
> >
> > I have now lost my mozilla plugins e.g. flashplayer, libflashplayer.
> > I think I have lost my java link - as I now get an Error
> >
> > -------------------------------
> > JavaScript Application
> >
> > ! Error-Unregistered OpenCube DHTML Effect - (www.opencube.com)
> >
> > -------------------------------
> >
> > What and How do I get them back?
>
> Mozilla is installed in /usr/lib/mozilla-(version).  Plugins are
> installed in the "/plugins" directory of that location.  To get your
> plugins back, copy the stuff from the the previous version's /plugins
> directory.  I can't tell you the exact name of the directory as I don't
> know what the previous version of Mozilla was, but the command
> "ls -ld /usr/lib/mozilla*" will show you the names involved.
>
> Note that the previous version's java stuff is most likely a symbolic
> link to the Java runtime interpreter.  Make the same link in the new
> Mozilla's /plugins.  Do NOT copy that link (that'll put a copy of the
> interpreter in /plugins which won't work right), but do the symlink
> manually.  In my case, that's
>
>      # cd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>      # ln -s
> /usr/local/j2sdk_nb/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> The other stuff is safe to copy.

Copied the files to /usr/lob/mozilla-1.4.2/plugins
 and it shows up in Mozilla -> help -> Plugins            so that works

However I made the link in there also /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4.2/plugins
          when should have made it in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

so what is the command to remove the symbolic link from
         /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4.2/plugins
and then I will reapply in
         /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Thanks Chris Cz (newbie)