Trouble configuring Red Hat 7.2

Pedro Morales pmor82 at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 19:38:27 UTC 2004

--- jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 12:01, Pedro Morales wrote:
> snip
> > the cd1 has:
> > in green:
> > autorun
> > eula.txt
> > GPL
> > readme
> > readme-acessbility
> > release -notes
> > release -notes.html
> > RPM-GPG-Key
> > RPM-GPG-Key-beta
> > RPM-GPG-Key-fedora
> > RPM-GPG-Key--fedora-rawhide
> > RPM-GPG-Key-fedora-test
> > RPM-GPG-Key-rawhide
> > Trans.tbl
> >
> > in blue
> > dosutils
> > fedora
> > images
> > isolinux
> >
> > did I download the wrong iso or is it missing the
> boot
> > file?
> snip
> This is a correct burn. Now the question is this
> yarrow* (Fedora Core 1
> --FC1) or Fedora core 2.
> FC2 has errors that won't allow it to boot on some
> systems. It is also a
> beta test core for the gurus and grungy beasties to
> play with.
>
> --
> jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>

ok well I downloaded teh cd1 iso again, burned it, ran
it in my pc and it booted from the cd, but it didnt in
teh classroom, the bio has cdrom as first boot and HD
as second, it read teh cdrom and went to the HD and
loaded 7.2, now im wondering, is there a way to run
the FC1 installation from the 7.2 text mode?

I really like Linux and im planning to change my
religion from microsoft to linux, im enjoying the text
mode but need to learn and explore the gui version as
well, any extra help is appreciated.