LAN Problems

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Thu May 13 03:32:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:11:43PM -0400, SilverVenom22 at aol.com wrote:
> Hey all,
> I am having trouble on my dual-boot PC.  I am running XP Home and Linux
> Fedora Core 1.  I have an integrated LAN connection on my computer.  I tried to
> configure the card through the setup wizard, it detects, everything looks fine,
> then I go to activate it and it says "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be
> present, delaying initilazation."  While I activated it in windows so the
> connection light on the back flashes.  I'm lost.  Any help would be great!
>
> - Peter

Post the results of "cat /proc/pci", at least the stanza that contains
"Ethernet controller".  For instance, mine looks like:

  Bus  0, device  16, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado] (rev 116).
      IRQ 9.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=10.Max Lat=10.
      I/O at 0xc800 [0xc87f].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xefffff80 [0xefffffff].

Also, post the contents of your /etc/modules.conf.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Spring - God's greeting card.