XFS in Fedora Core 2

Andre Meyer meyer at acm.org
Wed May 19 10:05:09 UTC 2004

Hi all

After a great new download of Fedora Core 2 yesterday, I immediately
tried to install it. My first thought was that I needed to try uot XFS
because I read a lot about how cool and fast XFS was compared to ext3.
After finding out that one needs to boot the installer using "linux xfs"
(undocumented) I chose to format with XFS and install.

Unfortunately, at the end of the installation it hung while trying to
install the bootloader GRUB. After a reset, FC2 boots, but only in text
mode. X won't start, because - I assume - the installation was not finished.

Why does XFS not work? What can be done about it?

Any help is appreciated
Andre