the RH9.0 server can't boot now with the following error message

Yan Peng yanpeng at mx.cei.gov.cn
Mon May 31 07:01:01 UTC 2004

redhat-install-list:

OS: RH 9.0
Platform: Dell 2600
The server can't boot now with the following messages:

Red Hat/Adaptec aacraid driver, Apr. 13, 2004
/lib/aacraid.o : init module
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO/IRQ parameters.
Error: /bin/insmod exited abnormally.
Mounting /proc filesystem
Creating block devices
Creating root devices
Mounting Root filesystem
Kjournald Starting
EXT3-fs mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Pivotroot: pivot_root (sy;sroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
umount /initrd/proc: failed: 2
Free unused kernel memory: 156K
Kernel panic: No init food, Try passing init= option to kernel

--end

The the booting stopped.

I did nothing except upgrading  some application rpm packages( not kernel rpm packages). And the server worked normal after upgrading. But the server can't be booted after I submitted reboot command.

Moreover if I enter "linux rescue" mode, the run "chroot /mnt/sysimage" command, I can find all the file are there.

I'd like to know what seems wrong  with the server?

Thank you very much!

Yan Peng
yanpeng at mx.cei.gov.cn
2004-05-31