application <app.name> uses obsolete OSS audio interface

Tapas Ranjan sarangi at bpost.kek.jp
Mon Nov 8 14:52:04 UTC 2004

Hi :

	"kernel: application <app.name> uses obsolete OSS audio interface"

	I am getting this mesg in /var/log/messages as well in dmesg. This
<app. name> is xmms, mozilla-bin. It followed by another error message in
/var/log/messages i.e.

  "modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command for sound_slot_1"

	I am using Fedora 2 with a updated kernel by yum. There was no
problem updating the kernel or after updates. Via google I found
that, there is some problem of compatibility sourced by the kernel.
There is no proper solution I found to get rid of this error mesgs. Any
help from experts will be appreciated.

	Thanks
	---Tapas