reg redhat linux installlation

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Nov 8 23:55:55 UTC 2004

mohan rao wrote:
> Dear sir,
>               i like redhat linux very much i want to install redhat9 in
> a server with following configuration motherboard intelserver board 7501
> br2, and scsi controller adaptec 320a  , i have connected 2 scsi hdd
> each of 73gb, i download drivers for scsi from intel site and loaded
> linux , sir problem is i wants to load linux in both the hdd with mirror
> image , what ever iam doing in one hdd ,the same data will be the second
> hdd, suppose if one hdd is failure automaticallyi have able to work with
> second hdd,please give reply as soon as possible .

You want to set up RAID1 (disk mirroring).  If your SCSI controller
supports hardware RAID1, set that up, THEN install Linux.  Hardware
RAID is generally better than software RAID.

If you must use software RAID1, that's a little different.  I suggest
you go read the software RAID howto from the Linux Documentation
Project.  If you go to

	http://www.tldp.org

and go to the index part of the HOWTO section, you will find it.  You
may even find a copy of it in your native language, as there are a
number of translations in there.
- Real Time, adj.: Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only -
-                        occurs there and then                       -