Hangs up during reboot/shutdown

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 03:46:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 04:13:07PM +0900, Tapas Ranjan wrote:
> Hi :
> 	Sometimes the pc hangs up during reboot. When the network is poor,
> the eth1 seems to be freezed and even typing "ifconfig" also hangs up. So
> rebooting the system due to those problem hangs up the system  at
> "shutting down loopback interfaces" or at "iptables". This happens once in
> 6-7 reboots or so.
>  	I am using FC2 with 2.6.8-1.521 ( upgraded from 2.6.5-1.358
> through "yum" ). Help from experts is needed.
>
> 	---Tapas

Well, I don't think I qualify, but I'll take a shot at it.

Let's start with the /etc/hosts file.  What does yours have in it?  It
should look something like mine:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.2.2     bobcat.bobcatos.com     bobcat

It might also be interesting to see the contents of
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1.  Also your
/etc/modprobe.conf would be interesting.

Out of curiosity, why eth1?  What's going on with eth0?

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Grace happens.