Seagate STT3401A on FC2

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Nov 23 17:47:22 UTC 2004

Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 08:03:20PM -0500, Ken & Joy Carr wrote:

Now you're being modest, Bob.  You're a huge help to a lot of people,
and you don't just take the "easy" ones.  You've been involved in a lot
of toughies, too.

>       Someone who manages a few hundred machines has learned a lot.
> Fortunately, he's willing to share it.

I actually have a server count that's current (well, as of Halloween):

	Company-owned servers:			1,365
	Client-owned servers, managed by us:	  457
	Colocated servers:			  854
						_____
	Total					2,676

That's not counting storage arrays, routers, switches, NAS, SAN or any
of the other ancillary stuff necessary to make it go.  We've added
another 60 or so servers since those counts.  As far as sharing my
experience...why should I suffer alone?  ;-)
-  Jimmie crack corn and I don't care...what kind of lousy attitude  -
-                 is THAT to have, huh?   -- Dennis Miller           -