configuiring an ADSL connexion

othman El Moulat moulatm at menara.ma
Mon Oct 4 21:08:46 UTC 2004

Hi Guys;
    I'm using redhat linux 9 and facing troubles to configure an ADSL
internet connexion.
    Here is the situation:
        I have a Modem: Sagem Fast800 for adsl connexion 128K...this one is
working fine with my Windows partition Box...
        I want to switch to the Magnificent world of RedHat...
        I tried to Install the driver for this Modem by following the
installing  instructions : http://www.sagem.fr/en/index.html
       it seems that the driver is installed succefully (as this is the
message i got after executing the command: $./InstallAll linux-myditro)...
i'm now stuck at this point! i don't know how to proceed after this step!
i tried the following command:
 $adsl-setup

i followed the instructions (even though i'm not sure about the exact
parameters i should enter)
for example i choosed eth0 as the first parameter...
After completing this step i typed: $adsl-start
but without success :-(

      can any one describe me an easy way to configure my connexion (details
would be very helpfull)

thanks a lot
ozman.