ssh

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Sep 7 22:51:19 UTC 2004

roland brouwers wrote:

> [...]

ssh wants to do a DNS and reverse DNS lookup on your IP address.  If you
aren't getting an IP from your DHCP, ssh can't authenticate you.  This
can also be an issue if the DNS doesn't work properly.  Telnet doesn't
use DNS to authenticate.
-   Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the   -
-                     reader...who doesn't get it.                   -