XMMS Not Working with MP3 files

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Fri Sep 17 22:28:09 UTC 2004

Hi ,

Rick Stevens wrote:
> GURUPRASAD, NAVEEN wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Recently I migrated my comp to RedHat Linux 9.0, when tried to play a
>> mp3 file, there is a message "License Issue".
>>
>> Can anyone advice me to fix this problem

Sorry , you can't fix License Issues . It is not a problem for you to
resolve , others have to deal with Licences . Meanwhile though
you can just go to

http://www.xmms.org/download.php  ,

get the source of the xmms 1.2.10 , compile it  and go on with it .

> There was a copyright infringement lawsuit over this, so RedHat stopped
> sending MP3-enabled xmms stuff.
>
> If you want to risk it, you can get the codec and such from:
>
>     http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/
>
> By the way, there is no such animal as Red Hat Linux 9.0.  It is
> RedHat Linux 9 (no ".0").

Rick , if i recall well you have said that before and it is
Suse Linux 9.0 and Redhat Linux 9 , it is just a difference
in the trademarks stuff .

Kind Regards,
    Kostas