linux domain

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Apr 20 16:56:11 UTC 2005

ajay wrote:
> hi
>
> i want to make my linux box as pdc (domain) and people to login there
> and also want to keep log of all logins and logouts in linux server with
> date and time, also tell what changes i have to make in
> /etc/syslog.config to acomplish this.

This is all covered in the Samba documentation.  You should first go to
http://www.samba.org and read the manuals.  We can't teach you step-
by-step how to install and configure Samba--that's better done by using
Samba documentation.

We can answer specific questions as to "Gee, I set this up and I get a
"controller not found" error.  What happened?"  So, please read the
manual and try to set it up.  If you get stuck, THAT's the time to post
_specific_ questions here on the list and we'll help you out.
-        "More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"         -