linux domain

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Wed Apr 20 17:33:10 UTC 2005

The fact that you referenced a linux "domain controller" as a pdc tells me you're a mostly Windows shop.

I would highly recommend finding a good book about Linux, NIS, DNS, etc. and starting there.

To answer your question the services you are looking for are either NIS (NIS+ has been abandoned last I heard) or LDAP.  LDAP is the way of the future, but is NOT directly compatible with Windows AD.