School and Grades

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 03:32:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Waldher, Travis R wrote:

> While you will get good advice on how to do this.  The energy will most
> likely be for not.
>
> There are web forums, web email, etc. that kids can use to talk on, just
> like IM.  So if time wasted on the computer is the cause of bad grades,
> then maybe say no to the computers and make them go to a library.
>
> So unless you plan on blocking all web traffic, except for say the
> encyclopedia britanica.  Your energy will probably be wasted.
>
> (Boy... do I look forward to this in the future after the twins are
> born.)

Congratulatiaons on the TWINS - it will be wonderful.   I'm
taking the blocking all the web traffic approach.  They have
normal programs that they can use but can't get out of the house
but they have access to the better printers over the network but
that's about it.  I do trust them, they are good but they just
have too many temptations to divert them from their studies.  The
boy is into games but just playing against himself or the
computer isn't any fun any more - without the net it's no fun so
no problems there.  The daughter - remended for Honors math last
year is having a problem keeping up this year.  IM seems to be
her vice, she is trying to adjust.

Good luck with the twins, just try to stay one day ahead of them
and you'll be fine - no twins here but 5 kids and one grandson.

Brad