NFS help

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 08:24:55 UTC 2005

you sort of have the idea, but not really.  When a node comes up all
computers basically report their resources to the DNS where they are used to
resolve the addresses for the lan, so a node wants to communicate with
another node it's request goes to the DNS and bingo if the node has reported
to the DNS then it sends the info.  This is a transparent thing, you don't
need to do anything with the hostname cause if you have a DNS server then
the node will report to the DNS.  Simply you don't have to do anything DNS
stands for dynamic name server.