x issues

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Fri Dec 9 10:31:07 UTC 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 09:38, Bob Kinney decided we wanted to hear the
following:
> Hello--
>
> After a fresh install of FC3, I find my default resolution is only
> 800x600.  I updated my xorg.conf file to include resolutions at all
> the pixel depths to include standard resolutions up to 1600x1200,
> but the Display Settings program does not seem to read the changes,
> and only offers the original 800x600 and 640x480 choices.
>
> Can anyone offer a suggestion as to where else the resolutions
> might be defined?
the problem is  most likely that your monitor has not been correctly
identified.
run the graphical config tool
system-config-display
go to the 'hardware' settings and find either
a) your specific model
or
b) one of the 'generic' models that reflects what your monitor is capable of

then you should be able to change the resolution in the main interface again.

Regards

Stuart

--
Stuart Sears RHCE RHCX
"Quit worrying about your health.  It'll go away."