Dell 1850?

Shane Presley shane.presley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 23:58:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:49:44 -0800, Harper Mann <hmann at itgroundwork.com> wrote:
> It might be best to relax and enjoy the "Dell experience" from the "server
> assistant" CD.
>
> It's far easier than figuring out all the driver issues by hand.  I wouldn't
> be surprised if Dell didn't publish it's drivers or published down-rev ones
> which would be bad.
>
> On the up side, I've not had problems with RHEL on 1850s after using "server
> assistant".

Very possible.  But can you explain a little more about what you had
to do after your Server Assistant install?  For example, I noticed two
things so far that I don't like

-It doesn't seem to install GNOME or any graphical interface?

-Server Assistant wants to setup my partition for my.  When Disk Druid
did it during the normal RedHat install I could select a 100MB boot, a
swap, and the rest a big /.  The Dell tool wants to create different
partitions for /usr, /thome, etc.  I know you could argue the
advantages of that, but regardless, it doesn't match our current
practices.  So I would have to re-partition?

Thanks,
Shane