Dell 1850?

Harper Mann hmann at itgroundwork.com
Wed Feb 9 00:19:38 UTC 2005

If I remember, even though Dell configures a partition, when RH boots, it
still calls disk driud and you can partition again.  I also prefer the
default /boot size and one big /.  It also goes over the packages section so
you should be able to select those as well.

Does it look like Dell is creating a Kickstart and calling the install?
Dell changes the process a lot.

You may also be able to tell it what you want at the Boot: prompt in the
install.  Perhaps "linux askmethod" and then "cdrom".

Another idea would be to kill the install from Dell after it starts in on
the RHEL stuff.  I think the RAID is configured and will boot up after the
first disk.  You can then start fresh from CDROM with RHEL disks.

Good luck!

- Harper

Harper Mann
Groundwork Open Source Solutions