problem with XFree and video card detecting installing RH WS Enterprise Ed. 3

Enrico Toniolo EnricoToniolo at calearo.com
Thu Feb 10 14:50:57 UTC 2005

Thank you,

but now probably there is still an equally trivial problem: no screen
found. I tried with "redhat-config-xfree86 --set-vh...=" but this doesn't
solve the problem. Attached is the log file. I hope this maight be simply
fixed, and there will be no other problems.

(See attached file: XFree86.0.log)

Thanks in advance for the help.

best regards

ENRICO TONIOLO

Enrico Toniolo wrote:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/intellistation/nvidia-linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2.run

Assuming you ran the installer after you downloaded it via:

             sh nvidia-linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2.run

you must run the script "redhat-config-xfree86" as the root user.  That
SHOULD set things up.  You can check it by doing "telinit 5".  If X
comes up, you've got it set up and you need to edit /etc/inittab and
change the line that reads

             id:3:initdefault:

to read

             id:5:initdefault:

to make the system boot into X.

> So I ask what steps to follow for a correct and complete (with XFree and
> KDE) installation of Linux 3 WS Ent. Edition.

Do what I mentioned above.
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com