problem with XFree and video card detecting installing RH WS Enterprise Ed. 3

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Feb 10 17:12:32 UTC 2005

Enrico Toniolo wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> but now probably there is still an equally trivial problem: no screen
> found. I tried with "redhat-config-xfree86 --set-vh...=" but this doesn't
> solve the problem. Attached is the log file. I hope this maight be simply
> fixed, and there will be no other problems.

It's not seeing the video card, therefore it can't probe the monitor.
Try it again, but use "redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig".  Also, if you
know which driver was installed, you can try tacking
"-set-driver=drivername" to the end, e.g. if the driver was called
"nvidia":

	redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig --set-driver=nvidia
-      A day for firm decisions!!!   Well, then again, maybe not!    -