ATI Radeon Pro Installation

Joseph Abrahams abrahjm at auburn.edu
Wed Feb 23 18:51:08 UTC 2005

Hi. I recently installed Redhat 9.0. I'm trying to get my ATI Radeon
9800 Pro to work correctly. For starters I didn't have the kernel source
files installed. After installing them and letting linux update them, my
/usr/src/ folder now contains Linux2.4.20-31.9. I made a link to this
folder called LInux, but during installation of the ATI driver
"fglrx_4_3_0-8.10.19-1.i386.rpm" I am told I have unresolved symbols.

ATI's solution to this is work around the errors by the following
commands:
cp /boot/config-`uname -r` /usr/src/linux/.config
make oldconfig
make dep
and then reinstalling the kernel by /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/sh
make.sh
at this point I am told that my /usr/src/linux/include/ drectory has bad
links and that I should change the links in /usr/include and
/usr/src/linux from "" to "2.4.20-8".

This seems wrong since my /usr/src/ folder contains Linux2.4.20-31.9.

Also, once this is worked out, I have a dell 2005FPW wide-screen monitor
and would like to set this to run in optimal resolution.

Thanks for the help.