Kernels 2.6.9 FC2 1.x lock up

Goetz.Kluge at infineon.com Goetz.Kluge at infineon.com
Tue Jan 4 09:10:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

I still run a 2.6.8 Kernel, as 2.6.9 FC2 1.6 and 1.11 get stuck on my PC
near the point, where some "microcode" should be installed.

The 2.6.9 FC2 1.x Kernels came with the update from Fedora.

2.6.8 Also seems to have some trouble. It gets temporarily stuck for 2
minutes or so. Interestingly the clock (hh:mm:ss) locks up during that
time and consequently runs with a delay after the kernel boot continues.

Perhaps this is due to my hardware. I disabled everything that I don't
need (parralel port, serial port, sound) in the BIOS setup. There still
seem to be some interrupt issues, although screaming interrupt isn't
reported anymore as I noticed with a 2.6.5 (??) Kernel.

With my best wishes for 2005
Goetz