xterm and logon banners

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Jan 8 01:31:36 UTC 2005

On 14:27 07 Jan 2005, Waldher, Travis R <Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com> wrote:
| Using exceed, I start an xterm through rexec.  I just get the prompt.
| No logon banner.
|
| I've tried, /ets/issue, /etc/issue.net, /etc/motd, gdm.conf, etc.  no
| dice.

That'd be because you're not running a login shell in the xterm.

Tre changing your incantation to say, instead of:

	... xterm ...

to say:

	... xterm -ls ...

and see what happens.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Well, it's one louder, isn't it?  It's not ten.  You see, most blokes are
gonna be playing at ten, you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up,
all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar, where can you go from there?
Where?  Nowhere, exactly.  What we do is, if we need that extra push over the
cliff, you know what we do?  Eleven.  Exactly.  One louder.
        - Nigel Tufnel, _This Is Spinal Tap_