Tape to CD

Ted Potter tpotter at techmarin.com
Sun Jan 16 18:05:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 09:40, brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> I've got an audio tape and I thought it would be great to copy it
> to a CD to listen to in my car.  I'ts not a nusic tape but an
> instructional tape and by having it on the CD I could go directly
> to the parts I wanted if I broke it down into different segments
> (or so I think).
>
> So, I pulgged my tape player into my computer and started - sound
> is coming out of my computers speakers but I can't get any
> programs to record what I'm hearind (I'm running Red Hat 9 and
> trying to use "Sound Recorder" as it's the only one I could
> find).
>
> Then I started thinking about the process - once I have the files
> on my hard drive I'm not sure what to do from there.  I like
> using Gtoaster to make a CD but will I be able to make an Audio
> CD with Gtoaster that will play as I want it?
>
> Please be very basic with me as you can tell I'm confused already
> and I haven't even been able to anything copied to my hard drive
> yet.
>
> Thanks,

Thats interesting. I am in the exact same position and need to do
do exactly the same thing.

A friend of mine uses a tape recorder with a lineout jack in to the microphone jack
on his soundcard, sadly he runs windows and jukebox to turn that in to an
mp3 file.

Been looking for a solution myself.

Ted