Problem installing RHEL 4

ysr301 at jaguar1.usouthal.edu ysr301 at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Wed Jul 20 14:59:31 UTC 2005

Hi,
i am also trying to install RHEL 4 but my computer
halts at "Verifying DMI pool data".
This is how I solved the problem but unfortunately
another occurred!!!!
Little History: I was installing RHEL 4 on PII 400
MHZ machine but the after "Verifying DMI pool data"
machine used to hang. SO I tried Smart boot manager,
which did work but failed to find CDROM drive so I
can install the OS. I found another solution on the
Inet. Goto BIOS settings and disable 'External &
internal CPU cache'. This will bypass verifying DMI
pool data.
What happened then: Now my computer successfully
verifies DMI pool data and then hangs???
I have done following:
1 Checked md5sum of all ISO images that I have
down-loaded
2 Checked all the cables (to HDD CDROM FLOPPY)
3 OS CD"s work fine on other machine (so car starts
after I find where it is)
4 Used smart boot manager but it could not detect
CDROM. So configured CD-ROM I/O ports to 1F0,3F6
5 Re burned the ISO images at speed 24X (previously I
was burning it at 32X)

What I am doing now: Cursing the box of course
I am trying to use boot.iso file (from CD1) using
USB flash drive.

can anyone figure out what the hell I am doing wrong
and how in heavens I do it right!!!!
Thank you
Yogesh Ranade